Friday, November 7

Still Alive

Here's a mandatory after semester entry. But instead of blabbing about what actually transpired during those months, let me share a few things that I learned. Just three things.


First, patience goes a long way. As a self-proclaimed introvert, I also claimed to be very patient. Then again, graduate school happened. The traffic in Katipunan was enough to get to my nerves. How can a five-minute drive on a weekend be a 30 minute commute? Later on, I learned to adjust to this - from going to school earlier than usual to going home after the rush hour. Patience with reading, writing, studying and everything that comes with graduate school. I've never studied that hard since...no, never did I gave that much effort in my studies until last semester.  


Second, surround yourself with good people AKA befriend fellow graduate students. You are not competing with anyone. You are not supposed to compete with them. You do not have to agree on everything, too! Just try talking to them, even if it is just about school work. You'll find yourself enjoying grad school in no time. I did. As a scholar, my batchmates became my instant circle and I eventually gained some other friends along the way. I may not be here to win Ms. Congeniality, but hey, I am always happy to meet new people and explore new worlds.


Last but definitely not the least, don't forget to have fun! Yes, there are a lot of things to be done, but one must allow him/herself to enjoy even for a while - to escape all the stress that there is. Go on a class lunch/dinner out, a family bonding, or even a date! There's more to life than graduate school, don't let it pass you by just because of an A.


12 units of coursework done, 12 more to go. Plus comprehensive exams + thesis. See you on Monday, Katipunan. I'm still alive. I'm still in the game. I will do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment