Friday, February 12

Yogaphoria Studio

As 2016 begins, one of my resolutions is to develop my ashtanga practice. I've been attending Mysore-style classes in Beyond Yoga Fairview, thanks to KFit, but I need to self-practice to memorize the sequence and to improve more. Unfortunately, I sold my mat last year. I needed to find a studio nearby where I can practice on my own. The studios that I know, Beyond and White Space, don't offer self-practice. Buying a new mat is not an option yet.

So I kept searching online. Just my luck, I found a newly opened studio that's easily accessible either from home or school.

This will welcome you upon entering the studio

Yogaphoria Studio is tucked within the streets of Teacher Village in Quezon City - away from the busy streets of Maginhawa and Malingap. They opened their studio last January 16, offering free classes for its first week. Yogaphoria offers various yoga classes, namely: ashtanga, flow (vinyasa), gentle yoga (hatha), power yoga, yin (restorative), and yin yang. Other services also include private classes and self-practice.

Shelves which serves as storage for both bags and  the studio's props

I immediately contacted Yogaphoria via Facebook to inquire about self-practice timings. They were very responsive, and immediately reserved a slot for me the next day. Practiced for almost two hours, but they only charged for an hour and a half. I also availed one of their free classes during their opening week with ate Ghil. Just hoping that their regular classes aren't as packed as that one, especially in Ashtanga classes because: 1) it's hard to move, 2) not everyone will be given adjustments, and 3) the studio will simply be worn out. Reason #3 is also applicable to their studio mats. It may not survive for long since they have a lot of Ashtanga and Power Yoga classes.

Ashtamga with ate Ghil
Still on their soft opening, but I'm quite excited for this studio to grow into a community! A community which will help their students look beyond the aesthetics and fitness regimens, and into developing themselves.

For schedules and rates, contact them directly at the details indicated at the end of this post. Yogaphoria is quite responsive to messages, especially on Facebook.

Yogaphoria Studio
#34 Mabait cor. Mapagkawanggawa, Teachers Village, Quezon City
(02) 959 6203 | +63 917 538 4081
Website | Facebook | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment